Saturday, January 16, 2016

Review: Written in My Own Heart's Blood

Written in My Own Heart's Blood Written in My Own Heart's Blood by Diana Gabaldon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I feel like the magic is back in the most recent adventures of Claire and Jamie. Written in My Own Heart's Blood is the latest installment of Gabaldon's Outlander series. We've seen Jamie and Claire go through the wringer over time and once again they are thrown into battle, loss and family tribulations in 1770s Pennsylvania. Meanwhile, back on the home front of 1980s Scotland, Bree is searching for her lost son while her husband is in an unknown time searching for him as well.

The last few books have had the family torn apart and Claire and Jamie constantly pulled away from each other for one reason or another, but this book brings everyone together and strengthens the bonds of couples and families. This book could easily be the final installment, but we know it's not. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next for the Fraser clan. This is easily one of my favorites (not to top the first 3, though).

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment