Saturday, April 26, 2014
Dewey's Read-a-Thon ~ Half Way there: Mid-Event Survey
1. What are you reading right now? Palisades Park by Alan Brennert
2. How many books have you read so far? Just one but I am about to finish it up.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? The Space Between by Diana Gabaldon. It's her newest novella and only 100 pages!
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? Oddly no. It just worked out that I got to have the day alone and I am a reading fool!
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Not too much but I did manage to spill half my lunch on the floor. I got the little floor vacuum out and read while I vacuumed it up! Multitasking at its finest.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? How well it is managed. Not really surprised by it, mostly in awe.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? I can't really think of anything unless you could automatically have a beer and pizza sent to us a meal times. I'm sure that's an amazing task considering you have hundreds (HUNDREDS) participating in this great event.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? Nothing different, but I might consider joining as a cheerleader next time.
9. Are you getting tired yet? Sadly, I was tired before I started. I ended up only sleeping for about 2 1/2 hour last night because.....I was up reading late. (palm plant onto forehead)
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Have an alarm set at the top of each hour to remind yourself to take a break, check the website, recharge, reload then...go read.