Saturday, October 10, 2015

Review: Salt: A World History

Salt: A World History Salt: A World History by Mark Kurlansky
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Salt...we dont't seem to get enough of it...some people crave it. It enhances the food we eat, it preserves and protects, it deices the road we travel, and it softens the water we use. It is an important mineral that has been used for centuries. Kurlansky follows the salt trail from its early days in Sichuan, China to the form we know today, often seen in that round box stamped with a girl and her umbrella. A very interesting look at the history of salt.

I enjoyed the book and learned more than I'll ever really need to know about it. I was hoping to get a little bit of information about how the human body reacts to it, but this is strictly a history of the usages and manufacturing of salt.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment