Sunday, August 7, 2016

Review: Library of Souls

Library of Souls Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Library of Souls is the final installment of the Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children series. Separated from their peculiar friends, Jacob and Emma are on a race to find them and return them to a time loop. They quickly learn that they have been taken to a fortress in Devil's Acre, a most horrible slum area of Victorian England. They must battle some foes and encounter even more peculiar people along the way, and learn the secret behind the Library of Souls. The history behind Jacob's peculiar grandfather and his contribution to the Panloopticon are also explained.

I loved this series and I think book was my favorite. I just love the idea of the author taking some bizarre photos he has found in places like rummage sales and antique shops, and building a whole series of books around these picture. How creative! It's a little bit history, a lot of fantasy, and a bit of horror wrapped up into a very...peculiar...story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment