Monday, May 14, 2018

Review: The Paris Wife

The Paris Wife The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is the fictional story of the first wife of Ernest Hemingway. Hadley Richardson met Ernest through mutual friends and fell immediately in love. Eventually marrying, the two struggled through their marriage and life in Paris, France. Ernest was an up and coming author who was trying to find his way in life. Hadley was very much in love but was troubled with Ernest's constant drinking and philandering.

This was a good story but I struggled at times with the drawn-out stories of bullfighting and day to day life in Paris, so the story dragged at times for me. I was a bit frustrated with Hadley as she came off a bit weak when I think she was stronger than she was portrayed. Not a bad book, but I wasn't engrossed. Love and Ruin is much better, I think.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment