Saturday, January 19, 2019

Review: A Map of Days

A Map of Days A Map of Days by Ransom Riggs
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoy this strange series by Ransom Riggs. This is the fourth installment of his Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children series. I thought the last book was the final one but he has continued on and has certainly left the story open for more installments. I also thought the last book was my favorite but this one outdoes it.

In this story, Jacob, Emma and a few of the other peculiars settle in America for a short time. While visiting Jacob's home preparing to blend in with the normals a few of the gang visit Jacob's grandfather's home and stumble across a secret den that reveals the work that Abe was doing in order to help peculiars around the world. This leads Jacob, Emma, Bronwyn, Millard, and Enoch on a secret mission that reveals itself along the way. All they know is that there is someone that they need to save. They encounter many peculiar people along the way that help them figure out their mission, as well as some people who are intent on keeping them from their intended task.

I love this series. I love the idea of the author taking some bizarre photos he has found in places like rummage sales and antique shops, and building a whole series of books around these pictures. How creative! It's a little bit history, a lot of fantasy, and a bit of horror wrapped up into a very...peculiar...story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment