Saturday, August 1, 2015

Review: Killer Jam

Killer Jam Killer Jam by Karen MacInerney
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Killer Jam is the first in a new series by award winning author Karen MacInerney. Known for her Grey Whale Inn mystery series and Tales of an Urban Werewolf series, MacInerney begins a new tale centered around former newspaper reporter, Lucy Resnick. Lucy decided to leave her busy work life at the Houston Chronicle to purchase her grandparent's farm in Buttercup, Texas. Lucy expected a quiet farm life of milking Blossom the cow (aka Harriet Houdini) and makin' dewberry jam, but instead finds herself the prime suspect in the murder of cantankerous town matriarch Nettie Kocurek. While on the trail to clear her own name, Lucy also begins to unravel an old family mystery that could explain a long time rivalry.

I generally don't read many mysteries but I thoroughly enjoy Karen MacInerney's cozy mystery series. I especially enjoyed Killer Jam for the Texas references and setting. I am looking forward to further adventures in Buttercup, Texas.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment