Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Review: Steampunk: Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol

Steampunk: Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol Steampunk: Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol by Zdenko Bašić
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is not my first time reading Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol but it is the first time I have read his stories “The Story of the Goblins Who Stole a Sexton” and “A Christmas Tree”. I picked this particular version up not because of the other stories but because of the steampunk illustrations by Zdenko Bašić. I love steampunk art, so this book caught my eye. The pictures are wonderful and puts a whole new haunting spin on the classic Christmas story. I wish there were more illustrations, particularly with the lesser known stories, but it is still worth checking out if you are a fan of the art or the author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment