Friday, September 8, 2017

Review: Deadly Brew

Deadly Brew Deadly Brew by Karen MacInerney
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Fall has arrived in the little town of Buttercup, Texas and once again a killer is loose. Buttercup is the home of novice farm girl Lucy Resnick who is struggling to maintain her grandmother's farm, now facing a water shortage. While attending the local Witches Ball at the home of Serafine Alexandre, one of the local residents turns up dead after having an argument with the evening's host. It seems as though Bug Wharton, co-owner of a new exotic game ranch had an enemy or two and Lucy is determined to figure out the mystery and keep her friend Serafine out of jail.

I generally don't read many mysteries but I thoroughly enjoy all of Karen MacInerney's cozy mystery series. I especially enjoy her Dewberry Farm Mysteries for the Texas references and setting. I am looking forward to further adventures in Buttercup, Texas.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment