Saturday, September 16, 2017

Review: Rebecca

Rebecca Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A great classic. Rebecca is a gothic story about a woman who falls in love with an older gentleman Maxim De Winter, the owner of Manderley estate in England. De Winter is a new widower who meets the "new Mrs. De Winter" while on holiday as a way to grieve for his departed wife. After a honeymoon in Italy, Maxim and his new wife return to Manderley where she has to learn to fit in. Once at the estate, the true origins of her predecessor's demise begins to come to light and life at Manderley is far what she had ever imagined.

This story has some twists, that were somewhat predictable, but it was a great story nonetheless. It seems a little "Hitchcock" like to me, but I enjoy that. I thought it was a page turner from the start.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment